They say April Showers bring May Flowers… and in the 30 days in between you can find an abundance of family friendly events and kids activities right here in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Mulberry and across Polk County! SUN ‘n FUN Fly-In, U-Pick Blueberries, a variety of live performances, special events just for Lakeland kids, and much more.
Read on for a list of 30 events and activities you won’t want to miss in April! (click on the name of any event to get more details)
- Good Ol’ Days Festival sponsored by Polk County Parks & Recreation on Saturday, Homeland Heritage Park
- Get outdoors and Get to Know Colt Creek State Park on Sunday, Colt Creek State Park – Tram Tours, Geocaching, pony rides, photography hikes, nature exhibits, FREE BBQ, Smokey the Bear, PCSO K9s, fishing adventures and more!
- Kids will enjoy hands-on activities and climbing aboard the planes at the SUN ‘n FUN International Fly-In and Expo from
- Enjoy a Spring Festival with a Drum Circle & BBQ on Wednesday, Presbyterian Church in the Highlands
- Head downtown for First Friday on Friday, Downtown Lakeland
- Arrive hungry at the 59th Annual Kiwanis Pancake Festival on Saturday, Tigertown at Joker Marchant Stadium
- Enjoy a fun scavenger hunt AND support a great cause at the CFCCU Walk for Kids and Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, MIDFLORIDA Tower parking lot
- Visit Explorations V Children’s Museum and Munn Park for the annual Children’s Musical Festival on Saturday, Explorations V Children’s Museum
- Boys, girls, and even the adults will enjoy the opportunity to Touch A Truck on Saturday, Auburndale’s Downtown Park. Vehicles from the toy box become life-size in this FREE interactive adventure. Trucks, tractors, race cars and more.
- Relax and enjoy a Saturday Afternoon Family Movie – Kubo and the Two Strings on Winter Haven Public Library
- Support a great cause while enjoying a Lakeland Flying Tigers game at Pinwheels in the Park 2017 on Saturday, Joker Marchant Stadium
- Learn more about preparing your high schooler for the SAT and ACT at a FREE College and Exam Prep Workshop on Tuesday, Huntington Learning Center
- Treat your music loving teenager (or well behaved music loving youngster) to the Imperial Symphony Orchestra’s performance of Pines of Rome on Tuesday, The Lakeland Center
- Check out the Kidz Club FREE Monthly Show – Mr. Harley’s Music on Wednesday, Lakeland Square Mall
- Get your eat on at the Downtown Lakeland Food Truck Rally on Thursday, Downtown Lakeland
- Enjoy a special Easter treat at the Easter Bunny Brunch on Friday, Kelly Recreation Complex (FREE but RSVP required)
- Lace up your running shoes and join Sheriff Grady Judd at the Judd Jog 5K on Saturday, Polk County Sheriff’s Office
- Hunt for Easter Eggs and enjoy plenty of kids activities at the YMCA Spring Extravaganza on Saturday, Lakeland Family YMCA
- Catch Tarzan the Musical on
- Enjoy a night outdoors learning how we can all do our part to conserve at the Green Celebration Concert & Showcase 2017 on Friday, Lake Mirror Promenade
- The annual Junior League of Lakeland’s World of Reading Festival happens on Saturday, Barnett Family Park – meet real authors, enjoy fun kids activites, and take home FREE books!
- Put on a fancy hat and watch the Swan Boat races at the The Lakeland Swan Derby on Friday, Lake Mirror Promenade (Derby style hats welcome but not required)
- Arrive bright and early to get a spot at the Kids Fishing Derby on Saturday, Simmers-Young Park
- Take your pup and join the SPCA Florida’s Walk for Animals 2017 on Saturday, Lake Mirror Promenade (animals not required – plenty of fun for humans!)
- Kids LOVE Family Fundamental’s annual event Storybook Adventures: Celebrating Our Hometown Heroes on Saturday, Family Fundamentals – Success By 6 Resource Center. Special Guest Jack Hartmann will perform his silly songs!
- Check out a FREE class at Family Fundamentals – fun for ages 0 – 5
- Pick your own blueberries at a local U-Pick Blueberry Farm – there are LOTS of farms right here in Polk County! (only a few are open as of 3/31/17 – keep checking back as more will be opening during the month of April)
- Find out where to take Swim Lessons in Lakeland and Polk County and register for your summer lessons or a refresher!
- Head to a local Easter Egg Hunt – there are quite a few to choose from between April 1-16! Details on where to meet the Easter Bunny are also at the link below.
30. Make your Summer Camp plans with our SUMMER CAMP GUIDE!
See a full list of upcoming events on our calendar.
Do you ♥ Lakeland Mom?
To support the website and our efforts to provide you with information on kids activities and family-friendly events in the Lakeland area, please consider a small contribution. These donations go towards general expenses associated with running LakelandMom.com and allow us to keep serving Lakeland area moms (and dads) by putting useful information at your fingertips!