We love to spread the word about amazing local resources for children and families in Lakeland, and WonderHere is one of our favorites. WonderHere is a learn and play studio located in Downtown Lakeland and after a VERY successful first 9 months in business, they are EXPANDING!!
We have followed their growth this year and were so impressed when we heard the news – they are more than doubling their existing classroom/play/creative space, AND adding an outdoor urban garden, all by the end of summer this year. You can learn more at their upcoming Open House on Wednesday, March 29 from 5-7pm.
WonderHere provides hands-on academic classes, creative extracurriculars, & an open studio for kids to play, be creative, and think outside of the box (more info below on the classes they offer). This new expansion will provide current and future students all the space they need to continue to grow and play, create and explore. Get all the details on their blog: http://wonderhere.com/big-news/.
WonderHere is owned and operated by Tiffany and Jessica, graduates of Southeastern University with a combined 12 years of teaching experience in Polk County Schools. They are warm, friendly, smart, and have a true passion for creating a space where children can enjoy learning and spend time developing their personal interests and abilities.
“From the beginning, Tiffany and I said we want WonderHere to be more than just a place where kids learn and play. We want our little corner of Lakeland to be a place where genuine community happens… with our kiddos, with our parents, with our team. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel like they belong… because they do!” – Jessica
WonderHere Open House
You don’t have to take our word for it that WonderHere is AWESOME, you can visit during their upcoming Open House on Wednesday, March 29 from 5:00 – 7:00pm. Tour the studio, meet and chat with the owners, learn about the upcoming expansion, see the student work showcase, hear from current families during a Q & A panel, and register conveniently on the spot for the 2017-2018 school year!
Services Offered at WonderHere
Our day classes are perfect for home school families, or those wanting to transition from traditional school to home school. Classes range in subjects, interests, grade levels, and duration… and you’re sure to find the track that fits your family just right.
- Wonder Works – Full-time homeschooling with a 4 or 5 day track for 8:30am-3pm. Designed for working parents or those unfamiliar with homeschooling but seek the homeschool experience for their child.
- The Core Track – Part-time homeschooling with a 1/2 day program to cover reading and math
- Enrichment Track – Enrichment classes for those who homeschool the core subjects but come to WonderHere for science, social studies, and high-interest extracurricular classes
For Little Ones
Our classes for little ones are designed to make learning as fun as we possibly can, all the while exposing them to big ideas and teaching them how to explore kindly with others!
- Minis Track – For families who want to integrate their 3 & 4 year olds in a fun school-like setting for a couple of hours a day. Each session will expose your child to reading, math, science, and a foreign language. Ages 3-4.
- Mommy & Me Class – Enjoy sensory & kinesthetic learning, activities that promote hand-foot-eye coordination, circle time, group songs, parachute time, occasional crafts, and all sorts of other fun. Ages 0-2.
- Letter of the Week – Come have your little ones learn about a different letter of the alphabet each week, doing fun crafts and activities centered on each letter. Ages 2-4.
Day Classes and the Minis Track are already filling up for the 2017-18 school year – be sure to attend the Open House on 3.29.17 OR give them a call ASAP if you are interested!
WonderHere Summer Camps 2017
Join us for a spectacular summer experience! Each week of camp is uniquely designed to keep your child learning in a way that’s so fun, they don’t even realize it. Your child will get to participate in themed learning activities, free play time, friendly team competitions, high-interest clubs, end-of-the-week share and show time, and so much more.
- Camps run from Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm.
- The cost for each week of camp is $95.
- There are two camps running simultaneously each week, one for students ages 5-7 and the other for students ages 8-12.
- Each camp is capped at 15 students.
- Camps may include a fun, local walking field trip at an additional cost. More information and permission slips will be provided at the beginning of the camp week.
- An early drop-off option (7:00-7:30 am) is provided at an additional cost of $10 a week.
- A late pick-up option (4:00-5:00 pm) is provided at an additional cost of $10 a week.
- Students are required to bring a nut-free lunch every day.
- Register before the end of March and save $10 per camp!
- Purchase a bundle of 3 or more camps upfront and get 10% off!
WonderHere is bringing an exciting new educational experience to children and families in Lakeland, and we can’t wait to watch their continued success! If you aren’t sure which option is the right fit for your family and aren’t able to attend the Open House, give Jessica or Tiffany a call at 863.698.7782 and they would love to talk with you about how WonderHere fits in with your educational plans and goals.
To see a full schedule or read longer descriptions about all the classes and opportunities you can find at WonderHere, visit their website at http://wonderhere.com.